Happy Halloween to everyone! Let’s make it a safe one!
Flimsy Halloween costumes can be highly flammable. “Spooky” fun and games can quickly turn nasty with lighted pumpkins, sparklers and fireworks being possible hazards unless proper precautions are taken and overseen by an adult.
Remember your burn trauma treatment!
- Stop the burning process.
- Cool the burn (not the casualty) for at least 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove constricting items such as watches etc.
- Remove burnt clothing that is not sticking to tissue.
- Cover the burn trauma with a sterile burn dressing.
- Call 999 immediately!