This course introduces candidates to the hazards and risks involved in manual handling and the principles that should be applied to reduce those risks.
The course will prepare candidates to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer manual handling techniques in the workplace.
Course Contents Include:
- Manual Handling Regulations
- Basic anatomy of the spine
- Causes and prevention of injury
- Key principles of good body movement and manual handling techniques
- Guidance to identify and assess the risks associated with manual handling
Length of Course:
3 hours – max. 12 persons.
Upon successful completion of the course candidates will be awarded a certificate in Manual Handling Awareness.