This 1 day course is designed to enable employees, supervisors and managers to understand the basic principles of Risk Assessment.
Candidates will have the ability to contribute to the risk assessment process and will have increased knowledge to protect their own health and safety, as well as that of others.
- Main causes of accidents and ill health in the workplace
- Legal requirements for risk assessment
- Principles of risk assessment, including:
- Hazards, risks and control measures
- 5 steps to risk assessment
- Hierarchy of controls
- Risk assessment recording and review
- Specialist types of risk assessment, including:
- Workstation assessment
- Noise assessment
- Manual handling assessment
- COSHH assessment
Length of course:
Candidates will receive a certificate in the Principles of Risk Assessment